Solarize Westchester, Sustainable Westchester and Pace Land Use Law Center are presenting a morning workshop for local officials and volunteer committees on trends in solar photovoltaic installations in Westchester and how to handle the steep growth in installations.
This session will include:
- Overview of Solarize Westchester and trends in solar in Westchester County
- Survey of solar permitting in Westchester’s municipalities
- A review of top zoning barriers to solar installations in Westchester and strategies to address them.
- Lessons from the Front Lines: municipal officials share how their municipality has adapted
- Model zoning for solar installations
- Next steps: time limited technical assistance available
Free to attendees but preregistration is required.
Online registration at https://law.pace.edu/solarize-westchester.
For information and directions please visit http://www.law.pace.edu/upcoming-events-0
Registration begins at 8:30 and program begins at 9:00.